Due to the Covid pandemic, our 2020 Annual General Meeting is being held this February 17, 2021, at 7 pm via Zoom online. There are seven board positions open for election at the AGM. 4 three year terms and 3 two year terms. Shareholders are invited to submit self-nominations for director, nominations for directors, as well as motions or special resolutions by e mail to email@example.com or by surface mail by Jan 14, 2021.
Please check out the Annual General Meeting Page for more info.
PART TIME OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR – CHEMAINUS GOLF CLUB
Mount Brenton Golf Course is presently looking for a part time administrator to work 2 to 3 days a week. Please check out our Careers Page for more info.
Dear Membership and Guests,
Our Pro Shop hours are now reduced and closing time will be determined by available daylight. We will stop collecting Green Fees roughly 2 hours before dark, giving our guests enough time to play 9 holes. We are now on winter rates, The winter rates are $40 before 12noon and $30 after noon for 18 holes. Nine holes is $25 all day long.
Sanitizer dispensers outside the Pro Shop and Clubhouse are now loaded. Sanitizer and free masks are available inside the doors to both.
In the on-course washrooms large bottles of sanitizer are now in place for your convenience.
If you are a member who has club storage or needs a Power Cart, please adjust your tee time selection accordingly. We will send out rental Carts as long as the time frame lies within hours of operation. Cart rules have been changed to path-only for the past week. Feel free to contact the pro shop to inquire about daily Cart rules or check out our banner on the online booking window. Moving into the winter, the Pro Shop will open daily at 8am. Hours of operation may be effected by severe weather, such as snow, standing water or high winds.
We would like to thank all our members and guests for following our Covid 19 rules of engagement for the golf course. Please do not show up earlier than ten minutes before your tee time. A maximum of 4 players at a time on the practice green. 4 people at a time in the clubhouse, 2 at a time in the Proshop and 1 at a time in the washrooms. Masks are mandatory in the clubhouse. Please follow the guidelines.
- In early November, a tour player golfed our course and shot 63 his first time playing here. 8 birdies and no bogeys!
- One of the world’s most popular actors, Samuel L. Jackson, is also an avid golfer. In fact, the star of flicks like “Pulp Fiction” and “Django Unchained,” has a contract clause to play golf twice a week whenever he films movies.
- Is there anything that matches the feeling one has when they make a hole-in-one? How about two in one round? Recently, Oakland University’s Kassandra Komma did just that, recording two ones on her scorecard in nine holes. But, the odds are incredibly low, at one in 64 million!
- While playing in Atlantic City, N.J., in 1889, Ab Smith hit a shot he defined as a “bird of a shot.” His description ultimately led to one of the game’s most popular terms, which golfers regularly aim for – “birdie.”
- We were the third busiest course on Vancouver Island in 2020
- Frasierview in Vancouver is Canada’s busiest Golf Course
- We had a hole in one this November on hole #14. The club used was a driver