Covid Update, August 31
– Provincial Step 3 Guidelines are in place. We are scheduled to enter Step 4 on
September 7, but given the current rate of Covid infections this is highly unlikely, and
the possibility of a roll-back in restrictions may occur.
– Masks must be worn in the Clubhouse, Pro-shop, and Board office.
– Masks must be worn in the restaurant and patio until seated.
– We continue to encourage social distancing and therefore the “10 minute rule” for
arrival and spacing at the Clubhouse, 1st tee and Practice green continues.
– Ball lifters on flag sticks have been returned by popular demand. Flag sticks may be
removed or not according to the new rules of golf.
– Tee time intervals will remain at 9 minutes.
– The practice green is limited to the on deck group, maximum 4.
– The upper practice area is still limited to 4 people at one time.
– Canteen on the Green seating, including the Patio is under control of the
Restauranteur. Please follow staff direction. The patio area is limited to four persons
per table, no exceptions.
– Effective September 13, proof of initial vaccination will be required for entry into the
Clubhouse including the Canteen, Pro shop and Board Office. Full vaccination
mandated by October 24.
– All Clubhouse employees and contracted staff will be required to have vaccination
status as above.
– We urge all members and patrons of Mount Brenton to become fully vaccinated,
which under current protocols can be accomplished in four weeks. Failure to do so
may impact your future ability to play golf at Mount Brenton as part of provincial
mandated restrictions on sports activities.
We would like to thank the organizers and volunteers of last weekends’ Rotary Tournament. Starting with Joan Phillips and Tom Andrews who could probably run a small country. Also to our Board of Directors for giving this successful event the green light. A big thanks to all the members who allowed the use of their private carts for this tournament.
We had a great event despite ever changing rules and social conditions. The tournament had over 120 participants in a running tee format with lots of money raised for a great cause. Many thanks to Julie and her staff for providing Food and Beverage and to Ernie’s crew for keeping our very busy golf course in exceptional shape. I would also like to thank my staff for being so available and flexible in a long season that seems to remain very busy as we move into fall.
The Golf Course
Created in 1948, the par 71/73 Mount Brenton Golf Course is located in the scenic, historic town of Chemainus. With shaded fairways flanked by towering firs, the course also features willow, hemlock, maple, scotch and ponderosa pine, sequoia, cedar, dogwood and giant cottonwood. A challenge for every level of golfer, there are plenty of creeks to hurdle and ponds to circumvent. Maintained by an excellent grounds crew the fairways are lush, the greens are true and the sand is deep. An extensive drainage system also makes Mount Brenton one of the most playable golf courses year round on Vancouver Island. Book a tee time today and come and see for yourself.
Canteen on the Green is now open for business. 250 324 0577. Chef Julie wants to thank members for their support during the Canteen’s start up and staff training period. Oh yes, and the current Covid crisis. She adds that the takeout sandwich containers have arrived, so if you are making the turn, or want a sandwich to take out on the course because you are hungry and/or running late, call the Canteen and order ahead.
Sandwiches are $7.95 (and look great). You can choose from egg salad, smoked turkey and cheese as well as ham and cheese.
All prices include tax
We are now on Peak Season Rates for green fee guests. $58 for regular 18 $48 for member guest and reciprocal guest. After 2 pm $48 and after 4pm $30. 9 holes are $35 and after 4pm $25.
18 hole power cart rental – $40 for 2 person. $30 for one person.