AGM rescheduled for Wednesday, May 25
Barring another wind storm knocking out power, the once postponed Mount Brenton Annual General Meeting will take place Wednesday, May 25 at Chemainus Secondary School.
The gathering will be held in the auditorium. The meeting will start at 7 p.m, but shareholders are urged to arrive early in order to get signed in.
All members are welcome, but only shareholders can vote.
Masks are recommended, but not mandatory.
New Chrono tee time booking procedure to come online May 1, 2022
New Booking Rules:
- Book your 7-day advance tee time starting at 8 pm. Green fee players have a six-day advance starting at 7 am the following morning.
- Once you confirm your booking, you have 24 hours, until 8 pm the following evening to populate the tee sheet and convert your “guests” into real people. If you have non-member guests, they can only be added during the green fee window from 7 am to 8 pm the following day by calling the Pro Shop at 250-246-9322.
- Failure to follow this protocol will result in your “guests” being deleted and you will be notified of the deletion by email.
The tee slot will appear “empty” and available for booking by members and green fee players.
Cancellations and No-shows:
- Club rules dictate that any booked green fee player who cannot play must cancel a tee time within24 hours of the tee time. If not, they will incur a fee equal to the applicable rate. This is standard practice at all golf courses. The same applies to no-shows.
- The 24-hour cancellation rule does not apply to members; however, we ask you to cancel as soon as you decide not to play so the slot is open to others who wish to play.
- The pro shop will monitor members who are consistent no-shows, and a Board issued warning will be issued. Failure to heed this warning, abuse of the privilege of membership and disrespect for your fellow golfers, may result in a suspension of booking and playing privileges.
- Pro shop staff will use discretion in situations where inclement weather or illness makes it difficult or impossible to play.
We thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
Mount Brenton Board of Directors and Jan Best, CPGA Professional
2022 AGM will be held on May 18
Advance Notice of Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Mount Brenton Golf Course Ltd. (the “Company”)
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the annual general meeting of shareholders of the Company will be held at 7 pm, on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, at Chemainus Secondary School, 9947 Daniel St., Chemainus.
New Video Drone footage of Mount Brenton Golf Course
Click this link to view a sample of our upcoming flyover drone footage of Mount Brenton Golf Course.
New penalties for on-course alcohol infractions!
It looks (from the 800 or so empties, 80% of which were unlabelled, found in the recycle bins over 19 days) as though Mount Brenton golfers have mistaken this for a BYOB course.
It is not!
The BC Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch (LCRB) provides strict guidelines and rules for alcoholic beverage service on golf courses and monitors it closely.
Under BC’s liquor laws, all liquor consumed on our course must be purchased at the course and specially labelled as such. Outside liquor is defined as any liquor (including beer) not purchased at MBGC. The club is required to limit the quantity of beverages it will sell to individuals, and this is the primary way LRCB rules help limit over consumption on or adjacent to the course. Through education and regulation, LRCB rules are intended to help make sure that the service and sale of liquor is done according to law and in a way that keeps customers, guests, and others safe from alcohol-related harm.
To view the rest of this article and to see the full list of penalties please click this LINK
New Club Captain
Please welcome Kevin Mills, our new Club Captain.
Kevin and wife Corrie, who moved to Ladysmith two-and-a-half years ago, has stepped forward to take the torch from Kath Burnell.
While retiring as CC, Kath will remain our Handicap Chair.
Thanks Kath for all your service and dedication to this club.
Kevin’s golf CV includes:
Zone 6 Tournament Director for two years.
Zone 6 Assistant Tournament Director for two years.
Storey Creek club captain for six years.
On the Storey Creek board of directors for three years.
He has experience in obtaining grant money for Junior golf.
As the Storey Creek Club Captain, he was able to commercialize Men’s Night and increased participation from 40 players to 90 players and they are now at 110 players per night.
As the Club Captain he built a locker storage facility and, in the agreement, ensured that $2,500 per year of the proceeds went to the Junior program and the other $3,000 to general revenue at Storey Creek.
“I look forward to contributing to this fabulous club.”
He can be reached at email@example.com.
And again, many thanks to Kath Burnell for 10 plus years of service to our club.
The Golf Course
Created in 1948, the par 71/73 Mount Brenton Golf Course is located in the scenic, historic town of Chemainus, Canada’s Mural Capital. With shaded fairways flanked by towering firs, the course also features willow, hemlock, maple, scotch and ponderosa pine, sequoia, cedar, dogwood and giant cottonwood. A challenge for every level of golfer, there are plenty of creeks to hurdle and ponds to circumvent. Maintained by an excellent grounds crew the fairways are lush, the greens are true and the sand is deep. An extensive drainage system also makes Mount Brenton one of the most playable golf courses year round on Vancouver Island. Book a tee time today and come and see for yourself.
Julie’s Canteen on the Green is now open for business from 11 am to 6 pm daily, 250 324 0577. Chef Julie wants to thank members for their support during the Canteen’s start up and staff training period. Oh yes, and the current Covid crisis. She adds that the takeout sandwich containers have arrived, so if you are making the turn, or want a sandwich to take out on the course because you are hungry and/or running late, call the Canteen and order ahead.
Sandwiches are $7.95 (and look great). You can choose from egg salad, smoked turkey and cheese as well as ham and cheese.
All prices include tax
Green Fee Rates For 2022
Peak Season April 1 – Oct. 31 (9-hole rate in Brackets)
Prime time Rack rate $63 ($43)
Early bird (7-8 am) $53 ($33)
Guest and Reciprocal $53 ($33)
Twilight after 2 pm $53 ($25)
Twilight after 4 pm $33 ($20)
Low Season Nov. 1 – March 31
Before noon 18 Holes $45
After noon $35
9-holes – all day $30
Power Cart Rentals:
Cart Rental 18 Hole $40
Cart Rental 9 Holes $35
Pull Cart Rentals:
Nine or 18 holes $5
Proposed Junior Rates
• Age 10-18 – all day $25
• (Under age 10 with adult; free after 3 pm